Remove rows where a column doesnt containt the elements in an array

Hey everyone,

I have an array “MaterialArray” which has some material numbers inside it. And I have datatable DT.

This DT has a column named “Material Number” and there are material numbers written. I want to remove the rows where the “Material Number” column contains a value which is present in the Array.

Ex:
MaterialArray= [“A”,“B”,“C”,“D”]
DT

Material Number
A
B
C
D
E

After the execution of that code I want a dt:

ResultDT:

Material Number
E

so the rows which material array has the values are removed.

I wrote this code but It is not working properly.

(From r In DT.AsEnumerable
Where Not MaterialArray.Any(Function (x) r(“Material Number”).toString.toUpper.Contains(x.ToUpper))
Select r).CopyToDataTable

Any sugesstions?

Hi @jntrk ,

Just now checked your Linq expression it was working perfect. Not sure why you are getting issue. Please check how did you created your string array. thanks.

I create the string array from another column of another datatable with this:

Catalogdt.AsEnumerable.Select(Function ( r ) r(“MTN”).toString).Distinct().toArray

so there are actually 1140 items in the array.

So the thing is when I write the linq expression as “where Not” i get the error that the source contains no dt, saying that there is no rows to the ouput but there is actually 1 row which has a material number that is not present in the array so actually it should return that row.

And when i say “where” it outputs the original DT… it weird

Hi @jntrk ,

Ok got it but not sure how the array look like. Please share us more details.

Based on your last response I understood that you are not getting any single row as output from your linq output. Correct me if I am wrong.

Try linq like below instead of contains match use equal

Where Not MaterialArray.Any(Function (x) r(“Material Number”).toString.toUpper.Equal(x.ToUpper))

Hi,

Extra whitespace might exist in Material Array. For now, can you try the following expression?

Where Not MaterialArray.Any(Function (x) x.ToUpper.Contains(r("Material Number").toString.toUpper))

Regards,