ReFramework - OneTime Process-Action

reframework

Hello folks,
I have a question: I use the ReFramework, but I only want to run the process in process.xaml once without queue items. The problem is that I can’t go beyond “GetTransactionData”. In the instructions there is written: "For a linear process (not repetitive), set out_TransactionItem only for in_TransactionNumber 1 - first and only transaction. "

I don’t understand that. What is to be done here? out_TransactionItem is a queue item and in_Transactionnumber is an Int32. I only want to run a process flow in the framework once.

Can anyone help?

Does no one have an idea for the problem? You’d be very helpful! :slight_smile:

As per my understanding if you want to run the state process transaction only once then for the status “success” call “end process” in place of “get transaction data”

Hmm, I don’t think this is the way. I want to run things in “Process Transaction”, but my problem is that I don’t get there at all, because “GetTransactionData” doesn’t have any new data. However, I still want to use the framework because it is possible that the processes are extended and a queue is needed.

And then I read the following: “For a linear process (not repetitive), set out_TransactionItem only for in_TransactionNumber 1 - first and only transaction.” (GetTransactionData.xaml)

I don’t get smarter because I just don’t understand it. Neither are my colleagues.

fehler

Watch the ReFramework Demo.
This is just a framework you need to change its status as per your requirements.
I would suggest to follow the UiPath Academy to understand it better.

I have already successfully completed the training in the Academy, but that doesn’t help me anyway :wink:

That’s the key.

@milenz - if you only want to run it once (i.e. there is no transactions, it’s just a linear process) - either alter the GetTransactionData state (remove current invokes and just set/invoke your custom one) or delete it altogether if that step is completely unneeded.

I’d even suggest that if it’s a sequential process, don’t go with ReFramework. Borrow from it, sure, but don’t try to force your process into something that isn’t built for it.

Either they will be extended and you know it, in which case set up 1 “dummy” transaction for each run and go with ReFramework as-is.
Or you don’t know if it will be extended, in which case you’re wasting time and delaying the project.

From Martin Fowler on Yagni article:

The common reason why people build presumptive features is because they think it will be cheaper to build it now rather than build it later. But that cost comparison has to be made at least against the cost of delay, preferably factoring in the probability that you’re building an unnecessary feature, for which your odds are at least ⅔.

There is a chance you will need it. If you feel that way, set up the queue. If not, don’t force it.

As @priyanka.yadav18 said, it’s just a framework, and as Webster defines it:

: the basic structure of something : a set of ideas or facts that provide support for something
: a supporting structure : a structural frame

a framework is there to help you. If it doesn’t, reexamine what you need before you start changing the problem to fit the solution.