Read text file - Encoding error

I have to read a log file using Read text file activity, until yesterday it was working perfectly, today it is throwing the error: One or more errors occurred. (‘iso-8859-15’ is not a supported encoding name. For information on defining a custom encoding, see the documentation for the Encoding.RegisterProvider method. (Parameter ‘name’)) (‘iso-8859-15’ is not a supported encoding name. For information on defining a custom encoding, see the documentation for the Encoding.RegisterProvider method. (Parameter ‘name’)) (‘iso-8859-15’ is not a supported encoding name. For information on defining a custom encoding, see the documentation for the Encoding.RegisterProvider method. (Parameter ‘name’))

Can anyone help me?

Hi @guilherme.dias

Looks like the encoding you are using is no longer supported, you should change it based on .Net Support, please check the below list and select one that applies to you

Regards!

1 Like

2.11 Unsupported specific character encoding

2 Likes

Thanks for the updated list of encodings! I was using this https://docs.uipath.com/activities/other/latest/user-guide/supported-character-encoding

Thank you @ppr, it solved my problem! This Guide will help a lot when I start to move my robots from Windows-legacy to Windows Project!

@fernando_zuluaga this solution fits better to me because I don’t know wich encoding can replace latin-9.It was easier to me use System.Text.Encoding.RegisterProvider(System.Text.CodePagesEncodingProvider.Instance) than look up for a new encoding to replace the old one. Thanks a lot for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.