Read Range: COM object that has been separated from its underlying RCW cannot be used. The COM object was released while it was still in use on another thread

Hello,

I have been trying to parallely read 7 parts of a single sheet in an Excel File and am getting this error as -

> Read Range: COM object that has been separated from its underlying RCW cannot be used. The COM object was released while it was still in use on another thread

Also noticed the error doesn’t come if i run in debug mode, where as if i simply run it gives this error.

Any help on how to resolve it.

Hi @hss

By default only one application can only access excel at a time. Since you kept read range in parallel
all 7 read ranges are trying to access same excel file at a time.

what you can do is use 7 read range one after another and store it in 7 different datatables before entering to parallel activity and use the datatables inside parallel activity.

Regards
Roshan

Please mark as solution if you found this useful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @unknownay Actually we can parallely read different tabs in a file. Whereas i think the problem is arising because am reading parallely 1 single tab.

The rest yes i know that we can do a sequential read into different DTs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @hss ,

Did you find any solution for the above mentioned issue?
Currently am facing the same issue.it will be great if i get some insights.

Regards,