Read Multiple Excel column

Hi guys,

Currently, I working on how to find a specific text using lookup range activity in the excel application scope. if the text available, it has no problem, but the robot fault when the text cannot be found.

can I used the lookup range activity to read 2cell at once and used read cell activity to read the text?

3 Likes

hmmm do you want to read multiple column in excel right? @Amin

Scenario
1.Use excel application scope activities.
2.Use read range activities.,
3.Create variable with data type of Datatable
4.Assign the variable to read range activities in output properties.
5.Use foreachrow activities to iterate in the data.
6.Use row(“Columname1”).ToString ,row(“Columname2”).ToString,row(“Columname3”).ToString if you want to get your desire data.

I hope this scenario might be helpful to you.

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

5 Likes

hi @pattyricarte

Thank you for the share, but can I make a decision based on the text that I find?
if the text can be found, it goes to A, not found goes to B instead error.

4 Likes

Yes of course you can us if activities if you have some validation. @Amin

4 Likes

can I find 2 texts at the same times?
For example, I use the lookup range,

the value to search -> “co” OR “bhd” <<

can I do that? I already tried but it fault.

3 Likes

Can i see you flow ?
@Amin

2 Likes

hi @pattyricarte,

my idea is that the text that I set in a lookup range will go to another task, for the document which not find the text will goes to another task.

MBRS_Testing.xaml (11.6 KB)

Thanks.

3 Likes

Can you just have an screenshots on it its not working on my side theres some packages that i need to instal ? @Amin

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hmmm so what is your scenario.

As i can see you want to search some data on specified range is that what you want ? Or you just want to retrieve data using multiple parameter ? @Amin

2 Likes

Yeah, but the excel file will be variable. for the excel file that contain the text will be no problem, but how a bout the excel that have no contain the set up word. this part i want to know and study.

also using some parameter or logical expression for the searching text.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Is like these what i want is to read the excel using Excel application scope and read range activities after that i will create variable type of data table and for the datatable we will create queries based on your needs and after we get the data that we need we can write it again to the output excel using excel application scope and the write range activites. @Amin

2 Likes

OK then, I try to do that,…

May take some time…

Thanks. @pattyricarte

3 Likes

No Worries @Amin

2 Likes