Read latest mail from a mail trail

Hi all,

I have a problem statement where in I need to read a mail thread in Outlook and extract the current / latest mail in the mail chain, in UiPath.

@natasha93

Are you want to read first mail ?

Hi @natasha93,

When using ‘Get Outlook Mail Messages’ , we can get a mail list from output. And the mails in the mail list have been sorted by received time desc. So the list[0] is the latest mail.

Thanks,
Aisling

Hi @natasha93 - you can use “Get Outlook mail activity” to fetch email from the Ooutlook account then sort using received time descending.

Thanks @sandipauti But what I need is diiferent.
Let me rephrase my question. I need to read one single mail-chain. I need to identify the different mails that have been written under that particular thread. Is there a way that could be done?

Thanks @aisling.bai. But what I need is different.
Let me rephrase my question. I need to read one single mail-chain. I need to identify the different mails that have been written under that particular thread. Is there a way that could be done?

@lakshman Yes, first mail of a mail-chain. Something like the following

Hi,
when you have questions related to development please post them in dev category.

Answering to your question: use a for loop and use if condition inside for loop and try to see for the from address or subject related to the mail chain that you are viewing and you will get the mails related only to that particular mail only.

Let us know if this helps.
Regards,
Pavan H