Question regarding getting AS IS process details

If you are going to look at someones current process, (lets say it’s quite complex) and you want to get a record of what they do, so that you can convert that into a Studio process. What is the best way of doing that? Are there some tools to use that record voice and screen action (is that the best way or are there better ways or combinations to do it).

try logging the activities where you want to keep track.

Thanks @pathrudu

You could obviously write down what they are doing as they are doing it, but you may miss something out. Is there not some app for instance that will record what is happening on screen as it is being done preferably with the ability to record voice input (people make you tube videos of what they do on PC’s all the time, I just don’t know what they use also I’m not sure if this is the best way, although to me it seem like it would be a good starting place, or are there better ways of generating a record of the current process before RPA has been applied to it so that an RPA developer has a useful blueprint to work from, other than just a Process Design Document which is obviously crucial but potentially may not capture everything that happens, even though obviously it should, the PDD could be generated from the ‘recording’ starting point for example)

@charliefik

it’s good idea to record the process before automating even we also do the same we will record the process end to end which will help us to understand the process while developing the process. use icecream screen recorder i think it’s available for free.

hope it’s not much required to record voice input, if you want to know what’s happening on screen when some exception was thrown you can take the screen shot and send as an attachment through mail.
please have a look at below workflow

ExceptionEmail.xaml (11.5 KB)

regards,
Pathrudu

Thanks for the suggestion @pathrudu and I like the ExceptionEmail workflow.

I think windows 10 has a recording ability (from googling)

using windows button + G

brings up a recording tool

But I will check out icecream too.

All the best

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.