Question and answer don't make sense (debugging in studio module)

If Hit Count = 2 means when the break point satisfying the condition is reached the second time, then my chosen answer is correct.

The answer given by UiPath in this test means when the break point is reached the second time (without mentioning whether the break point condition is satisfied i.e. “When it reaches the activity holding the breakpoint a second time”), AND if in this second time of reaching the break point … the condition happens to be satisfied then it pauses here. That’s how I interpreted the answer, and accordingly I did not choose this answer because I think it is wrong.

I think my answer is correct. Could someone please correct me if I am wrong?

Thanks and regards

@benduong86

If you see the given question…

The breakpoint hit count is 2…and qhen bot is executed even if the condition is met or not the breakpoint activitiy is still executed so the hit count is atill calculated…

But when it is hit 2nd time as per activity it should satisfy the condition as well to have the row value as Alex only then the breakpoint would be executed .

So when the execution starts firsttime when this activity is reached the hit count is 1 so it wont stop…second time if the value is Alex only then it stops as the hit count is proper but the other condition also is to be satisfied ao correct option is C

As per D the value in firstname should change to Alex and there is no need of changing values or updatin the values for the condition to be true

Hope this is clear

Cheers

The shown answer was correct when it reach first name was alex in second time in the for each break point will appear. For first time hit will not stop for debug

Regards,
Arivu

Based on your explanation of ‘Hit Count’, it would mean that if the second time the activity is reached (during the 2nd iteration through the loop) if the column ‘First Name’ <> ‘Alex’ then this break point will never be paused, because it means specifically that ONLY IF the second time this activity is reached and the first name is ‘Alex’ will it be paused right?

If this is the correct understanding, then the answer given would be correct.

But if ‘Hit count = 2’ means the second time we hit First Name = ‘Alex’ then my answer is correct. Right?

@benduong86

May be I confused you a bit there…let me try like this

1. The condition provided should be met for the breakpoint to be hit …i.e.,when first column is Alex the condition is met so that is when break point ahould be activated.

2. Hit count is the value where the breakpoint starts counting how many times the condition is met…so when alex is there in firat column for the second time the condition with given hit count is net…so from the second time the breakpoint gets activated…

only for the first time or for any other value of first column other than alex the breakpoint would not stop or pause the process…

So as per option 3 this is true…

In option 4 …it says whenever values chnages…here there is no change involved in the first place…we are only checking if value contains alex…

So as per 3 when it pauses is when the activity is reached for the second time(because hit count is 2) and that activity is hit second time only when the condition is met the second time or as said atleast second time the row value should be alex

Cheers

1 Like

Thank you for the documentation on Hit Count. The value in the column ‘First Name’ changes with every iteration through the loop, so if it’s not ‘Alex’ to start off with, then the condition is not satisfied and therefore Hit Count remains 0. The first time the value changed to ‘Alex’ (i.e. 1st hit), Hit Count is incremented to 1, and the second time First Name = ‘Alex’ (i.e. 2nd hit) Hit Count is incremented to 2. That’s why I picked answer D.

Thank you so much for looking up the Hit Count documentation and sharing with me. I just took a break from learning and was going to search up the documentation after my break, but you saved me searching. Thank you so much Anil!

Regards,
Ben

1 Like

@benduong86

Yea firstname might change with iterations or can remain same for each row…but it does not essential need to changed to alex alone…it needs to contain alex so even alex harper is a valid hit

Cheers

Yes, contains ‘Alex’ and not = ‘Alex’ sorry my bad.

So my 4th answer is wrong, but the given answer is very badly written because the second iteration through the loop the first name might not contain ‘Alex’ at all which means it will never pause even if ‘Alex’ appears more than twice in however many iterations, as long as ‘Alex’ is not found in the second iteration the breakpoint will never pause.

1 Like

Happy New Year Arivu and Anil

1 Like

Thanks, Happy new year :slight_smile: @Anil_G @benduong86

1 Like

@arivu96 @benduong86

A Very Happy New Year…Hope we all see a great year coming ahead

Cheers

1 Like