Python activities not working with 64-bit python

A while ago I worked on a project with that ran a ML-model built in python. I used the python activities to load and run the script successfully with python 64-bit. Back then I used UiPath.Python.Acvtivities version 1.1.6

However, Now about 6 months later when I try to install that same Python activity I noticed that the only available version to install is 1.0.6 which does not supply the option to choose the python runtime platform, and it only works with 32-bit, it seems. When I try to run with 64-bit i get the following error:

RemoteException wrapping System.InvalidOperationException: Error initializing Python engine —> RemoteException wrapping System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> RemoteException wrapping System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

I have looked at Community.Activities/Activities at master · UiPath/Community.Activities · GitHub
trying to figure out why the option to use 64-bit is gone, without any success.

I need to run 64-bit since my new ML-model is doing NLP built on spaCy.

Is there something I’m missing here?

Edit: I found this about the versions.

I managed to find a solution.

1. I saved and closed the solution
  2. Opened the Project Dependencies Mass Update Tool
  3. Selected Local and Official and pressed next
  4. Searched for Python, there was only version 1.0.6 there
  5. I ticked include prerelease and the 1.1.6 version showed up
  6. I closed the mass update tool
  7. Opened the project I was working on
  8. Opened Package manager
  9. Now the 1.1.6 was available for the python activity so I updated it and it now works.

I do not know if the mass update tool made the trick or if it was simply closing and opening the project that soleved the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.