Process run without logging in in the server

Hello everyone.

I have created a UIPath process to automatically download some files. I have also created a trigger to run this process everyday in early morning, 03:00 AM.

But, I am a little confused about the UIPath Assistant. The process will run in a server where I don’t have access. And I am afraid if the trigger will run the process if I am not logged in.

Can anyone ensure me that the process will run even if I am not logged in?

You are talking about an unattended automation where Orchestrator kicks off the job automatically. Assistant has nothing to do with this. Assistant is for end users who will be running attended automations.

Yes your unattended process will run fine if it is written and configured properly. This is what Orchestrator is intended for.

You mean to say that server has a uiPath Assistant? Ideally that should be just a robot.

Also, make sure it is an unattended license and is tested before giving a trigger of non-working hours

Thank you for the reply.

The license is unattended and I also tested the process before creating a trigger. It works fine.
Also when I am logged in in my PC the process runs successfully exactly at the time of the trigger.
The thing is that when my PC is locked this is the error I get:

Timeout reached.

** at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)**
** at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)**
** at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)**

I think I am missing something in my configurations, because when my PC is locked the process doesn’t run

update the password in the orchestrator for this robot, and you’ll be done.

Timeout just means the robot eas trying hars to start the process but as the system was locked it couldn’t enter. Give the robot that password, and he’ll not wait for the system to get unlocked, robot will do it itself.

Again, make sure you have unattended robot configured correctly.

Hope this helps!

I updated the password but still not working.

Is it supposed to enter my windows password and log me in when the time of trigger to be executed comes?