- need the ability to invoke and deploy common pieces of automation (eg: SAP Login / Workflows from a master/common project); as of now the shared folder approach is available
How it works
- set one or multiple common projects/processes in Orchestrator Ui
- these will become visible in UIPath Studio interface
- drag & drop will generate an Invoke Workflow Activity
- this common projects/folders will be deployed/versioned on all robots via the orchestrator
I’ve been having fun recently getting to know UiPath and even after a small amount of training I find we get along very well . As I work in healthcare and am surrounded by dozens of applications, I could see myself quickly building a collection of small application-specific workflows to use in multiple automation projects. These don’t really fit into UiPath’s project template, having no entry point or logical flow of steps, nor into the Library category, because they have to be invoked as workflows rather than pasted as a snippet of code.
Of course, invoking such workflows from a network storage location as you recommend is sensible and works, but I feel this category could do with some more love. I would love to have a pane I can point to a folder, similar to the Library pane, and drag from to create an “Invoke Workflow” activity in my current workflow, similar to the Project pane. What do you think?