Problem with IE protected mode

Hi.
I have a problem with a process that is using some local application. The process couldn’t reach any graphical element, but in the meantime I solved the problem on the PROD machine. It was about enabling 64-bit processes for Enhanced protected mode and disabling Enhanced protected mode in the Internet Options

Now, I want to use that solution on the UAT machine, but don’t know how as it is imposible to find those options in the Internet options security. Is there another way to manage that?

You can try windows registry editor you will find the settings IE under HKEY_CURRENT_USER → SOFTWARE → MICROSOFT → INTERNET EXPLORER

And what I should change there?

If you are local admin on the machine, you could test to change the settings with gpedit.msc.

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Internet Control Panel > Advanced Page

In main look for the DisableEPMCompat and Isolation64Bit keys. If they don’t exist, you’ll need to create them:

• Right-click on the Main key, select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, and name it DisableEPMCompat.
  • Repeat the process to create another DWORD value named Isolation64Bit
  • set their value to 1 to enable them.