Practice Citrix Automation on a cloud based platform?

Hi,

I am looking to practice my Citrix automation capabilities by finding a cloud based platform in order to be able to practice on. How would I go about doing this? Are there free cloud accounts (Amazon, google etc) that would be good for practicing on? And what Citrix programs would I have to have installed?

Thank you very much for your help

Hi @LeThomp,
Welcome to the Community!
If you mean by “cloud based platform” the Citrix environment, then I would say that the is no such thing available for free just to testing. You need to have your own Citrix environment to test. Citrix by default allows you to install XenApp/XenDesktop on trial 90-day license. You need at least 2-3 servers to make environment (1 x Domain Controller, 1 x Citrix Desktop Delivery Controller and 1 x Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop Worker). So if you have SSD drive and at least 24-32 GB of RAM you can build it on your own computer with VirtualBox or VMware Workstation.

Regarding programs. It depends on you what do you want to automate in Citrix. It can be MS Office, SAP GUI or almost any other application :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Pablito,

Thank you so much for your quick response! Appreciate the information, and will be exploring other avenues to test this out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.