Outlook startup check problem

An apology in advance, I can’t share images of my problem due to the restrictions of the “new User” tier. But I will try to paint the picture as good as possible.

I’m currently working on a mail bot that uses Outlook for sending emails. We have switched from using classic activities to the modern ones and now we have a problem with checking if Outlook is running or not.

I know that in the modern activities “Element exist” is replaced with the “Check App State” activity but we encounter problems with this activity now. I already tried changing the selectors and properties of the activity but still get the errors and I don’t know why I’m getting these.
Error message => System.Exception: Error when starting up Outlook! at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

A couple of days ago we got a question popup to change our \NormalEmail.dotm because of a problem. After this it worked fine until now. I would like to add that we develop in a VDI or virtual environment and here we use version 2308 (Build 16731.20504) of Outlook.

I hope you guys can help us out with this problem.

Hi @jarne.bauwens

Have you used start process activity to launch the Outlook Application?

Regards

Yes, we use the “Start Process” activity to startup Outlook.