Outlook process with different subject

Hi,
I need to run two workflows based on the email that I Receive based on the subject. For eg.When I receive an mail with the subject Bill I should download it and scrap the data and enter into ERP system. Other mail with subject approved I need to mail the other person about the approval where some procedures get followed but I don’t know how to achieve this. Can anyone guide me

1 Like

use outlook activities to read the mails and you will output has a list of mail messages then use the for each to loop the all the mails and then from the each mail take the subject like(item.subject) means you will get the subject of that mail now use the if condition to to check and implement based on that.

2 Likes

Fine
Let’s use Two GET OUTLOOK MAIL ACTIVITY one with Filter property like this
“[Subject] = ‘your keyword’ “
This will give mails only with that keyword and then from the item.Body.ToString we can extract the data and apply that in ERP system

Then a another one for that second condition so that it will get only those related mail

Cheers @soumi_soumiya

1 Like

Thanks for your Reply…
I have a doubt then should i not use for each activity to get each mail

1 Like

Yah of course we can use that and inside that only we can get the body content of more than one mail

Cheers @soumi_soumiya

Thanks for your reply…
As you said i had draw the flow process could you just check me what I had Drawn is correct?

Yah looks good
Please go ahead
@soumi_soumiya

1 Like

yes …correct @soumi_soumiya

1 Like

Thank You…

1 Like

Thank You

Cheers @soumi_soumiya

Hi i am getting a following error the uipath is not running
error

May I know at which activity this error occurs
@soumi_soumiya

I had resolved its just an auto auto update when i restarted i got fixed.
And i have a issues on getting the subject i am getting the subject in for each but while its getting the decision only the last value is passed. how could i pass each value in flow decision

We can mention them as variables with each value been passed
Cheers @soumi_soumiya

1 Like

snip1 snip2 snip3

this is how i have done

being inside the FOR EACH loop we can directly use IF condition inside the FOR EACH loop itself without FLOW DECISION

Cheers @soumi_soumiya

1 Like

But i need flow decision because the other activities has there own for each loops which is begin invoked

Hi
we can even invoke those workflows inside the FOR EACH loop with IF condition

Cheers @soumi_soumiya

1 Like

yes i did but the output i am getting is that for each in mail will check for each and the file that i had invoked for next step will have for each so where the data to be written is only twice but it writes 3 or 4 times due to loop

1 Like