We’re migrating the operating system on all the systems from Windows 7 to Window Server 2016. Currently all the studio and robot instances are running on Win 7.
This upgrade would also mean the MS office suite also gets upgraded to Office 2016. I would like to know,
- what’re the challenges in the system OS migration apart from what I can see is scripts with Office integration and MS system apps might get impacted?
- Any impact on the selectors in the existing scripts, automation?
- Any impact on the performance?
- Do we have to re-configure the machines/robots in orchestrator?
- Any impact on licenses associated with older OS though machines might remain same?
- What are the backup items to be kept in mind, prior to initiating this migration?
- Any pointers on how to plan this upgrade robustly?
Do let me know if I’ve missed any additional points as well, per your experience.
Appreciate your help!
Thanks in advance!