Orchestrator with ElasticSearch Kibana

Hi I have installed Orchestrator, ElasticSearch and Kibana in the same server and i want to save my logs to SQL Server and also to ElasticSearch, can some one help me how to connect orchestrator with ElasticSearch& Kibana, any help woyle be appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Hello,
the Orchestrator documentation available at https://orchestrator.uipath.com is pretty complete and if you follow it step-by-step you will be able to do so.

Remind that you might have to add the “serverElasticBuffer” target to the Orchestrator log category in the web.config file.

Here is a snippet from my configuration:

<target name="serverElasticBuffer" xsi:type="BufferingWrapper" flushTimeout="5000">
        <target xsi:type="ElasticSearch" name="serverElastic" uri="http://localhost:9200" index="serverdiagnostics-${date:format=yyyy.MM}" documentType="logEvent" includeAllProperties="true" layout="${machinename} ${message}" />
      </target>

Hope this helps,
Kind regards

2 Likes

Hi @ghepa, The <target > tag should be in the WebConfig? Could you please confirm on this?

Hi @Sripadraj

Yes, the <target> tag is in the web.config file, under <targets> tag.

1 Like

Hi Ovi,

I am installing elastic search on linux on aws, would be any dependency as uipath is platform based ?

Thanks,
Roma.

with out using file beat how to achieve sending logs to ui path orchestrator from the robot
and also how to achieve sending the logs from orchestrator to KIBANA

Hi,

Normally the Orchestrator setup does all the things above if the robot is connected to Orchestrator…
Kibana does not read the Orch database, but ElasticSearch.
please see About Logs

S

If we create indices per process and that too per day in Elastic Search.

What will be the load on Elastic Search server?
Any recommended configuration for this scenario?
Is there a better way that we can view the logs in Kibana apart from having separate index for each process and for each day?
How are the backups of indices can be planned? Can we go for incremental backups?

Hi ,I have installed Orchestrator and SQL are in different servers. Elasticsearch and Kibana are in the AWS cloud.
I want to integrate Uipath Orchestrator and Kibana Elasticsearch, can some one help me how to integrate with Elasticsearch& Kibana, any help would be appreciated.

Note: I tried changing Orchestrator config file 137 and 138 lines. But orchestrator url is opening and Kibana , elastic search showing blank page .

Thanks.