Orchestrator Rename Queue name

Hi,

Can we please have the option to rename orchestrator queue names?
We sometimes want to start a new queue (after to many failed items) without having to change the queue name in the source.
We now have to remove the old queue and add the new one with the same name.

If we can rename the queue, we can keep the historical data within that queue and add a new one with the same name without getting a conflict.

Thanks in advance.

Hey,
Why don’t you export the data to a csv file ?

There is a possibility that having many transactions in the queues may slow the orchestrator. If you export and back up data from queue, you can re-create with same name and you don’t have to change anything in the code either.

I would say it makes sense. We’ll try to push it in backlog.

Thanks @badita

I think this might be a bit more complicated, especially when there are still active items in a queue.
The ideal situation would be to have a queue “inactive” and have a new queue with the same name active for import while robots could still handle new queue items in the inactive ones.

Ofcourse, the fast fix of renaming it while no new queue items are available is already a huge win. We just let the old one finish and recreate a new one.

I would like to vote for this in development when we finalize the process name , we have to keep associated name to the queue. Currently I have to recreate the queue as I cannot rename it. This will add more queues to the orchestrator and creating confusion to developers and testers on which one to use.

Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion. I added it to our internal ideas tracker for our team to consider.

1 Like