Option to exclude analyzing comment-out code

Hi UiPath team,

First of all, Thank you for your efforts in bringing in improvements to your products day in day out.

As part of governance roll out in our organization, we have come across 1 more observation for which we would like to share the recommendation with you.

Observation:
Currently, workflow analyzer also analyzes the commented out code in the workflow. and I do understand this is kept this way to ensure no breaches to the governance rules/recommendations are possible via commented-out code which is helpful.
Challenge:
I agree we as developers should get rid of commented out code in our workflow but there can be few instances wherein we would like to keep the same for future references or say during unit testing cycles etc. Considering a situation wherein governance is enforced at an enterprise level in org and workflow analyzer run is enforced as well during run/publish, if workflow has commented out code and is triggering error rules, it becomes an inconvenient situation (you wouldn’t want to resolve it due to indecisiveness for its usage and also wouldn’t want to get blocked by commented out code), so the only option left is to get rid of the code or create an unwanted copy of it.
Recommendation:
We think it would be really good if there can be an option Under Design->Settings(studio backstage view) to enable/disable analyzing commented out code like many other options as shown below:

Happy to hear your thoughts on this as-is working or on provided recommendation.

Regards
Sonali

Hi @sonaliaggarwal47

We are aware of this issue and will consider resolving it in future releases :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @loginerror,

That’s good to hear :slight_smile:

Thank you for your inputs :slight_smile:

Regards
Sonali

Thanks, @sonaliaggarwal47. This is exactly what I have been looking for since April 2021. Do you know if this has already been implemented in any of the recent versions such as 2021.10?

Hi @svavantsa-epic,

Not in my knowledge so far :slight_smile:

As soon as I get to know about this, will share.

Looks like this is still under consideration or development but not out yet.

Regards
Sonali

Enforce Analyzer on Commented Activities: By default, it should be No.

Hi @svavantsa-epic,

I agree that’s why had submitted this recommendation to uipath team for their consideration.

Thank you for being a proactive user and making sure to report what you felt can be improved. Appreciate this :slight_smile:

Regards
Sonali

1 Like