Operation returned an invalid status code 'BadRequest'

When trying to update asset value to orchestrator using multiple robots at a time, few times we are receiving following exception and orchestrator asset update is failed.

Operation returned an invalid status code ‘BadRequest’

Unable to find where problem is. Any help would be appreciated?

Hi , any help from any one ?

Hi @suripaleru,

Please check if the robots are connected to the orchestrator. Sometimes the robot machine could be disconnected and that could potentially result in such errors. Here are the steps to follow on Connecting robots to Orchestrator.

Hope that helps you!

Regards,
PD

Hi, Thank you. Robots are well connected to orchestrator machine and completes all jobs with out any exceptions except executing ‘Set Asset’ activity.

When we pass more text data to set asset, i’m getting below error always.

Microsoft.Rest.HttpOperationException: Operation returned an invalid status code ‘BadRequest’

Kindly suggest any solution to solve this.

1 Like

Hi,

Please check if the user account has been assigned a role that has access to Edit Assets.

Orchestrator → Users → Roles Tab → Select the Role to be Modified → Assets check the box for Edit.

Regards,
PD

Hi , edit permissions are already enabled for robot role and for admin.

But still above mentioned error is coming.

Have you tried to manually update the same value in the asset. The asset of Text type do have a limit of 4000 characters.

Regards,
PD

Hi , thank you. Yes, my text data having more than 4000 characters. How I can store more data to orchestrator asset ? Could you suggest some way ?
I cannot go with file saving since multiple robots needs to update same asset in parallel way.

Hi, Storing the value with such a large content in assets would not be a good practice.

Assets in practice are to be used for storing configuration values and credentials.

If this is transactional data then use queues to process.

Regards,

PD

1 Like

Thanks

Since we were able to identify the root cause of your initial BadRequest problem, can you please my response as a solution.

Thank you! Happy Automating!

Regards,

PD

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.