Office 365 Move File/Folder Giving Error

Hi Team,

I am using Office 365 Move File/Folder activity to move file to destination folder.
File To be moved - it is of datatype UiPath.Graph.DriveItem
Destination Folder - It is of datatype UiPath.Graph.Grive Item

Activity is successfully moving the file but throwing below exception
Move File/Folder: A value of type ‘UiPath.MicrosoftOffice365.Files.Models.O365WorkbookRemoteItem’ cannot be set to the location with name ‘MovedDriveItem’ because it is a location of type ‘Microsoft.Graph.DriveItem’.

Please help to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Mahesh

Hi @MAHESH1

If your objective is solely to move the file from source to destination, you can surround the activity in the Try-Catch & handle the exception thrown locally. Since it it already successfully moving the file but throwing an exception, you can handle the exception & proceed with any further actions.

If your objective is to identify the root cause of the issue & handle it accordingly, you can try the following steps:

→ Assuming you have a variable named sourceFile of type UiPath.MicrosoftOffice365.Files.Models.O365WorkbookRemoteItem representing the file you want to move.

• Create a new variable, let’s name it sourceDriveItem, of type UiPath.Graph.DriveItem.
  • Assign the value of sourceFile to sourceDriveItem variable. This will perform the data type conversion.

Hope this helps,
Best Regards.

Thanks for your reply @arjunshenoy.

The activity will accept only variables of type UiPath.Graph.DriveItem.
Even in UiPath documentation they have mentioned same.

Regards,
Mahesh

Hi Team,

I have been facing the same issue. Please suggest is there is any alternate solution.

Thanks,
Pavithra BR

I have a similar issue that modern and classic o365 activities are not compatible with each other… how to convert UiPath.MicrosoftOffice365.Files.Models.O365WorkbookRemoteItem into UiPath.Graph.DriveItem? Simple Assign doesn’t work here.

Hi,

I had the same issue, but I updated UiPath.MicrosoftOffice365.Activities dependency to version 2.2.7 and it started working without any issue

BR,
Tomasz

I am on 2.2.7 - it shows me the error I posted earlier.