O365 For each file/folder activity issue

Hi All!

I’m using Microsoft O365 v2.4.3 package to download files from a SharePoint site, then for authentication, I’m using an Application ID and Secret. The process works on my local machine but when I try to run it on UAT machines, I’m having this issue:

'Advanced search' is not supported when using personal Microsoft accounts or when using ApplicationIdAndSecret or ApplicationIdAndCertificate authentication types. Use ‘Simple search’ instead.

I had the Simple Search property disabled because I need the Include subfolders property to work.

Any idea why it’s behaving like this and how I can fix it?

Thank you!

@_pjflo

I hope this is already given

If you want to search from all folders then you might need to use find files/folders and create a loop yourself to search all…a little tedeous

cheers

But I wonder why it’s working fine when I run it on my local machine and not on UAT machines?

@_pjflo

I believe there you used integration services right?

Cheers

Integration services from UiPath? No. I was using the App ID and Secret created in Azure.

@_pjflo

Ideally then it should not be working…can you check and confirm if you are using same auth…

And is there any version differneces? Even if it there this is still a noted limitation

Cheers

Yes, its using the same Auth. It was pulling out the credentials from the Assets so I must be using the same credentials on local and UAT machines. I just had it publish and run on UAT, then it starts to break off.

@_pjflo

If possible try to run unattended on local machine or from studio on uat machine and check if there is any different result

@loginerror - any idea on this different behaviours?

Cheers

I tried to run the published process on my local machine via UiPath Assistant. It’s working. When I run an unattended process to UAT machine via Orchestrator. It’s failing due to the said issue.

Edit: I also tried to remote debug. Encountered the issue.

@_pjflo

Can you try to run the automation via orchestrator on your loxal and check

Cheers

Can you give me an idea of how I can run it without an assigned unattended run time?

@_pjflo

If you have a licnese just try to reassign it to the local machine…and keep the machine open and run it …

Cheers

ohhh, okay. Sadly, I don’t have the access to reassign runtimes.

@_pjflo

I just rechecked your screenshot…where it says the authentication type is interactive token?

Cheers

Ohhh, so that must be the reason. Noob question, If it’s in an interactive token, is it ignoring the inputs on App ID and Secret fields?

@_pjflo

Yes it would

Cheers

Hmm. So I really would need to use Find Files & Folders and loops to do the work. Thanks a lot for you help, @Anil_G !

1 Like

@_pjflo

You might yes…or change your authentication

If resolved please close the topic…else happy to help

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.