Nupkg files expose codes/workflows

Hello, is there a way we can hide or to make our code secure when we publish it as package .nupkg? We can open that nupkg file to see the code just convert it to zip file and there it is. One of our clients has a issue with that nupkg because it exposes the code itself. TIA!

Hi,

If we create WIndows (.net5/6) or crossplatform project, we can choose include sources or not in the package when publishing, as the following. (In these compatibility, process is compiled as dll) It might mitigate risk of expose source code.

Regards,

1 Like

Hello yoichi,

Im not able to see that option when I publishing package is there a way i can have that option?

Hi,

I guess your project is Windows-legacy compatible project. Unfortunately, it doesn’t support that option.
Can you check bottom-right corner of Studio?

Regards,

hello this is the bottom right corner of my studio

Follow up question: how can we do this WIndows (.net5/6) or crossplatform project? It is on the creation of project?

Hi,

Which version do you use? Windows and CrossPlatform is supported in 21.10 or above.
And we can choose it when create project as the following.

Regards,

Hey @joscares

You can also try Package signing

Thanks
#nK

Ohh okay Im using 2020.10.7

Even we do this package signing we can still extract the code from nupkg right?

Hey @joscares

Only by authorised users with signing certificate!

Thanks
#nK

Hi,

I don’t think signing package function prevents exposure source code because user can see extracted each xaml files.

Regards,

yep that’s what I understand too on that signing package

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.