Nuget Packages and Acitivity Folders

Hi Team,

What is the difference of folder below

C:\Users<Username>.nuget\packages

and
C:\Users<Username>\AppData\local\uipath\Activities

When i update the code from system tray the first location is geting downloaded but the second location do not have any activities packages getting updated

Thanks,
Sri

1 Like

@srinic C:\Users.nuget\packages is the location where your NuGet packages of the processes get downloaded from the orchestrator server as soon as you trigger the process for the first time.

C:\Users\AppData\local\uipath\Activities is the location of all the activities NuGet packages of the activities (i.e. UiPath.PDF.Activities) stored on the VM.

Fine

This folder is like When you deploy a package to an environment, the package is distributed to each of the Robots in the indicated environment (in the %USERPROFILE%\.nuget\Packages folder).
And if we have not connected to a orchestrator then the published package will be in folder the default location of the packages is %ProgramData%\UiPath\Packages

Whereas this folder actually contains the installed activity packages in it that is all activities present on the machine, regardless of where they are retrieved from, are decompressed and installed in the %localappdata%\UiPath\Activities folder.

Hope this would help you
Cheers @srinic

2 Likes

Thanks @santhoshreddy … Do you know why for some reason C:\Users\AppData\local\uipath\Activities folder not getting downloaded with activities needed.

PS : We are now in 2018.4.6 UIROBOT.exe

Usually any activity downloaded will be visible in the folder C:\Users\AppData\local\uipath\Activities
Sometimes if orchestrator feed is connected it will be in the folder ( ~/NuGetPackages/Activities ), MyGet feed ( https://www.myget.org/F/workflow/ ).

Cheers @srinic

1 Like

I can see there is difference in handling this folder in 2018.4.6.

It always loading the packages in C:.nuget\packages

Yah you can see the packages in that folder
When you deploy a package to an environment, the package is distributed to each of the Robots in the indicated environment (in the %USERPROFILE%\.nuget\Packages folder).

Cheers @srinic

1 Like