Need To Update File In Google Drive

Hi All,

Here i have small scenario like there will be two excel files in shared drive… BOT need to access those files and update the values as verified.

Here we are not supposed to download the files because its just an updation process.

Any logic please because i was very new to this gdrive automation using UiPath

Thanks,
Rishi

@Putta_Sri_Sai_Rishik_Chow

You can write range and write cell in gsuite as well please have a look which work directly on the drive file

cheers

1 Like

Hi @Putta_Sri_Sai_Rishik_Chow,

1. Use the “Authenticate” activity to authenticate the UiPath Robot with the Google Drive account that has access to the shared drive.
  2. Use the “Drive Application Scope” activity to specify the scope of the actions that the Robot can perform on the shared drive.
  3. Use the “Drive Find Files” activity to find the two Excel files in the shared drive. You can use the “Query” property of the activity to specify the name or ID of the files.
  4. Use the “Excel Application Scope” activity to open each Excel file. You can use the “WorkbookPath” property of the activity to specify the path of the file in the shared drive.
  5. Use the “Excel Write Range” activity to write the value “Verified” to the cell or range where the value needs to be updated in each Excel file. You can use the “SheetName” and “Range” properties of the activity to specify the sheet and range where the value needs to be updated.
  6. Use the “Excel Save Workbook” activity to save the changes made to each Excel file.
  7. Use the “Drive Update File” activity to update each Excel file in the shared drive with the changes made by the Robot.
  8. Use the “Excel Close Workbook” activity to close each Excel file.

I hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.