Need help with FTP

ftp
studio

Hi, I am having some issues with FTP upload. The connection is a success, the directory on the server exists, the folder of on the server is 777, but I am still having issues uploading. I can remove folders on the server with the same connection, but not upload. For the local folder I have “C:\Users\Gary\Documents\PTC\Labels195248.xlsx” and for remote path “/var/www/vhosts/ttt”. What am I doing wrong ? Thanks

Hi @Gary_K,
Can you please try with the following format:
"ftp://www.yourwebsitename.com/yourfilename.fileextension"
Note: You can replace the website name with IP address if you have an IP Address

Regards,
Jiban

Hi @jibanjyoti, the file is on the local machine that needs to transferred to the server. Is this for “ftp://www.yourwebsitename.com/yourfilename.fileextension” the local path or the server path ?

Thanks
Gary

I gave this for FTP transactions. Give a try for your FTP Server.

Hi @jibanjyoti . I have a similar problem. I am trying to download a file from the following url which I have FTP access to http://www.cloudsafrica.com/images/maths.jpg. If I enter this address as the remote path for the ftp.download activity, nothing happens. However, I am confident that the login credentials are correct because, if I enter incorrect user name, I receive an error message. When I run the process with the correct username, there is no error message but also, no download. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @tobar, It seems like an URL to the image.
If you have an FTP configured for you then you can try that with FTP Download activity.

Thank you for replying so quickly @jibanjyoti. I have now also tried the remote path as “ftp://www.cloudsafrica.com/images/maths.jpg” but it is still not working. Also, when I check whether the file exists using UiPath it returns false. However, I can see the file on the server at this location. Do you have any further suggestions?

May be some network related restrictions. I would like to suggest you, just to check with your IT team for any security restrictions.

This really doesn’t look like an FTP path and it downloads fine with HTTP Get.

Are you sure you need FTP for this?

Hi @jibanjyoti. I have made progress and am able to create new directories. However on uploading a file to the directory I get a message as per this screen capture:

I looked into this and found the following: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45606287/ftpclient-timed-out-trying-to-read-data-from-the-socket-stream

Is it possible to change the timeout settings for ftp activities?

Thank you @andrzej.kniola for your suggestion. I got that to work for the download file. However, to upload a file to the web server, am I right that this can only be done using FTP or can I use Http client with “put”? Also, where would I enter the security login details and port etc? For the login details I have tried “simple authentication” but this is having the following result:

"

405 Method Not Allowed

Method Not Allowed

The requested method GET is not allowed for the URL /sandbox/2/.

Additionally, a 405 Method Not Allowed error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.url.com Port 80 ".

With post, I get the following, but the file is not being uploaded:

"

Index of /sandbox/2

Index of /sandbox/2

Apache Server at www.mywebsite.com Port 80 </html"

@jibanjyoti . Do you have any suggestions?

Check with network team for some clarifications on the PORTs that you are using.