Need help with cmd (command prompt)

Hello,
I’m quite new to UiPath.
I would like help with a sequence i’m making. The robot has to enter a path in cmd (command prompt).

An example of the path is:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\SelfServicePlugin\SelfService.exe” -launch -reg Software-startmenuShortcut"

As you can see there is a quotation mark in the beginning, the middle end the end of the path. I get a validation error saying “End of expression expected”.

Help me please! Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi @tomrothkrantz
Use Start process and pass the path as cmd.exe
and use type into or set text and give the path

Thanks
Ashwin S

Hello Ashwin S, thank you for your fast reply. Im not sure if I understand you. Like i said, i’m really new to UiPath (for 2 weeks now). Can you give an example or a printscreen on what i should do? Thanks very much!

Hi @tomrothkrantz,

Welcome to our Community!.

Check this xaml, it may help you understand the process.
TextExist.xaml (6.3 KB)

Hi sarathi125,
Thanks in the first place. It still does not work, i have written down the full path and i get this:

Hi @tomrothkrantz

Remove the Path Name in Start Process where you are going to type the value

Thanks
Ashwin S

I think i’m stupid I cant make it, can you help me? This is the correct path that needs to be written down in command prompt

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\SelfServicePlugin\SelfService.exe” -launch -reg Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\apg_prd-c59ff4261@@XA7.GPS-3 -startmenuShortcut"

Hi @tomrothkrantz

Give this path to below start process activity
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\SelfServicePlugin\SelfService.exe” -launch -reg Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\apg_prd-c59ff4261@@XA7.GPS-3 -startmenuShortcut"
by using type into

Thanks
Ashwin S

TextExist.xaml (6.7 KB)

Tested with the same path you have mentioned and its working… check that

it doesnt execute the command though

@tomrothkrantz Then you need to check the command which you are passing in

i checked the path and it should be good but still got an error

you solved the problem !! thanks so much !! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: