Multiple assign activity

studio
i_considering

It might improve legibility of the workflow if multiple subsequent assigns could be performed in one activity.

Cheers.

How to assign multiple variables

@badita - I like this one :slight_smile:

Something like to have a “+” button to add a new line for a new assignment, right?

This will be very helpful. I hope somebody from UiPath Dev team reading theses suggestions and plan to have it in future release.

Bumpity bump.

It would be a bit nicer, but I dont think it would be a huge improvement (do correct me if I’m wrong)

But if we’d add a + sign that basically adds another 2 fields in the Assign, while it would make for cleaner workflows, it doesn’t really help with actual development time or ease of use. It would just replace a drag action (or a paste) with a click, right?

So it’s just a cleanliness thing?

I kind of agree. I also think the Assign in a Flow Chart is slightly cleaner because you can move the boxes side by side.

Invoke code could be used also to store many variables in one activity.

Although, I’m not against any potential feature improvements also.

Thanks.

I second this one, but bearing one concern in mind.
With using multiple Assigns we can add Annotation on each of it, so on Multiple Assigns it might be nice if we can add comments on each variable. I know the variable should have self-describing name, but there are times it is hard to keep without making the variable too long, or when the team programmers are not English native. Or should I have another document to list it…?

Hey!

is there any news about this idea to assign many variables in one activity?