Multiple anchors for one element

Hi all,

I’m currently working on a process that fills a table in a online tool. The problem is that every input cell element has the same selector. So the idx is the only unique factor but it changes depending on the amount of rows added. So what i’m looking for is a way to identify a specific cell based on the row and column. unfortunately the tool isn’t an actual table so the selector doesn’t have a table number or column number. I thought it might be able to fix this using two anchors, but I don’t know how to do that or if it’s even possible.
I hope I’m clear bu if you have any questions please ask, I could really use the help.
Thanks,
Barend

1 Like

Well multiple anchors are an enhancement in the works, so you will see it soon.

I guess indicating a uiElement might not need many anchors, can you give me more details on what you are exactly trying to achieve?

Have you tried find children activity and try and filter it according to your requirement?

1 Like

I guess this is a long shot but how can someone get it to work if the site does not differentiate between all the cells. Everytime I try it just stalls . Never gets past that one section…
thanks

Has multiple anchors ever been released? I am now faced with this where I need to use multiple anchors to grab an element and store the selectors as a variable to use down stream in the automation.

Yes it is released, use the Modern UiAutomation activities - https://docs.uipath.com/activities/docs/about-the-ui-automation-activities-pack

1 Like

Awesome, they work!!! Thanks for the update!