Moving & Renaming Files in a Folder to a New Folder

Hi everyone! I am still doing the Week 2 assignments and currently doing the Moving & Renaming Files to a new designated folder. However, I received this error message: “Move File: Could not find a part of the path.” Can help?

Hi @siti_aminah_kamis - can you post a screenshot of your workflow. Did you check if the folder exists before you try to move the files?

1 Like

Now it is working fine. I did not create the Invoices folder in C:\ initially.

Now I am trying to do by putting the Invoices folder in another folder in C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Invoices. It shows the above error as well. Is it something to do with the full path?

Hi @siti_aminah_kamis

You need to check if the source/destination folder exist before move files, wrong path may cause the error above.

Regards,

Andres

Hey guys. I looked through my workflow again. My mistake was at the FolderExists. I stopped at C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Invoices to check if the folder exist.

So, I included “ParkerIndustries Client” in checking if this folder exist. C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Invoices\ParkerIndustries Client and it works!

Thanks to u guys for suggesting me to check my work again.

Thanks! I already checked. It works after I included the new folder path in the directory.

2 Likes

hi @siti_aminah_kamis

Check With your extention . I can’t see any extentions in your file path*

Regards
gulshiyaa

Hello Siti,
In this video I do a lot of stuff with Files (Chapter included) :

4:30 Rename files with VB commands
6:00 Move files to do Rename
9:55 Move files
14:40 Create a file or folder with dates inside

Thanks,
Cristian Negulescu

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.