Move Insights Cubes from One Insight Server to Other

Do we have any way to move Insights Cube from One Server to Other by each Process?

Hello @sishiramishra,

Have you looked into Insights Backup and Restore. We can back up (On your current server) and restore (on the new server).

Kudos ! Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Regards,
Nithin

With this it will backup everything, Can we do this process or Robot wise ?

Hello @sishiramishra,

I’m affraid that feature is currently not available.

Regards,
Nithin

How can we do this by each process ?

Hello @Michelle_Yurovsky,

Could you please help us with these Insights related query ?. Below are the two specific queries:

1. Can we migrate the Insights Cube Data from one server to another at a Robot / Process / Tenant Level.
  2. I have an issue where the Cube doesn’t get updated automatically (even after 24 hours). But manually rebuilding the cube from Insights Admin Tools works well.

Thanks,
Nithin Prabhu

1 Like

For #2, Do you have cube build failures?

@Chris_Lawson if we insert Data that are not in Orchestrator to Insight Table based using the same PK / FK, will it break the Entire system or it will build Cube ?

"Just in a worst-case scenario, understood, the ask is stupid :slight_smile: "

hi @Nithin_P,

1. you cannot migrate the cubes as they are created based on the Insights database. The original context of this question was actually an unsupported Orchestrator scenario which we have provided a suggested workaround for already internally. In general, as Insights on-prem is tightly coupled to Orchestrator, no data movement that is not supported on Orchestrator should be performed on Insights.
  2. have you checked the troubleshooting instructions on Troubleshooting? and have you migrated to the latest patch?
1 Like

Hello @Chris_Lawson @Michelle_Yurovsky,

Strangely, I do not have build failures. Just that the build is triggered only when I manually trigger it using the insights admin tool.

Update: Just spoke to the team. Here is what had happened, the Orchestrator license was loaded at tenant level. 2 Days back we moved this license to Orchestrator Host and ran the Admin tool once. Looks like the builds are triggered automatically now.

So automatic builds are linked to license ?

Regards,
Nithin

1 Like

Insights is licensed at the host level, as written in our docs :slight_smile: if you don’t license it correctly, it wont work

1 Like