Move Insights Cubes from One Insight Server to Other

Do we have any way to move Insights Cube from One Server to Other by each Process?

Hello @sishiramishra,

Have you looked into https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/v2019/docs/insights-backup-and-restore. We can back up (On your current server) and restore (on the new server).

Kudos ! Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Regards,
Nithin

With this it will backup everything, Can we do this process or Robot wise ?

Hello @sishiramishra,

I’m affraid that feature is currently not available.

Regards,
Nithin

How can we do this by each process ?

Hello @Michelle_Yurovsky,

Could you please help us with these Insights related query ?. Below are the two specific queries:

1. Can we migrate the Insights Cube Data from one server to another at a Robot / Process / Tenant Level.
  2. I have an issue where the Cube doesn’t get updated automatically (even after 24 hours). But manually rebuilding the cube from Insights Admin Tools works well.

Thanks,
Nithin Prabhu

1 Like

For #2, Do you have cube build failures?

@Chris_Lawson if we insert Data that are not in Orchestrator to Insight Table based using the same PK / FK, will it break the Entire system or it will build Cube ?

"Just in a worst-case scenario, understood, the ask is stupid :slight_smile: "

hi @Nithin_P,

1. you cannot migrate the cubes as they are created based on the Insights database. The original context of this question was actually an unsupported Orchestrator scenario which we have provided a suggested workaround for already internally. In general, as Insights on-prem is tightly coupled to Orchestrator, no data movement that is not supported on Orchestrator should be performed on Insights.
  2. have you checked the troubleshooting instructions on https://docs.uipath.com/installation-and-upgrade/docs/insights-troubleshooting? and have you migrated to the latest patch?
1 Like

Hello @Chris_Lawson @Michelle_Yurovsky,

Strangely, I do not have build failures. Just that the build is triggered only when I manually trigger it using the insights admin tool.

Update: Just spoke to the team. Here is what had happened, the Orchestrator license was loaded at tenant level. 2 Days back we moved this license to Orchestrator Host and ran the Admin tool once. Looks like the builds are triggered automatically now.

So automatic builds are linked to license ?

Regards,
Nithin

Insights is licensed at the host level, as written in our docs :slight_smile: if you don’t license it correctly, it wont work

1 Like