Move files to existing folder

I am trying to working on a bot which will automatically feed the new downloaded files to existing folder based on file index number.
For example, i downloaded a listing of new files, 1.1. income statement,pdf, 2.3 legal letter.doc, 3.4 internal file. I have already created folders 1.Financials; 2. Legal, 3. Internal.
How I can create a bot will save 1.1 income statement under folder ‘1. Financials’, 2.3 legal letter. doc under folder ‘2. legal’

Will be much appreciated if you can share the workflow.

Thank you!

Hi @MY2015,

We need a reference in order direct the files to different folders. For instance filename containing IncomeStatement will be directed to Financials.

It may or may not be filename but any reference to uniquely find the file type will be helpful for bot to direct it to respective folder.

Warm Regards,
Ranjith Udayakumar

Thanks Ranjith. I hear your points. In my case, i would like to save files based on file index number. so 1.1, 1.3, 1.4 + files names will automatically saved under folder 1; then file 3.3,3.6,3.8 will be automatically saved under folder 3; Can you share a workflow if possible?

Hi @MY2015,

I have created a sample workflow with some files in files folder. Also Created two folder financial and legal.

Run the flow, You can see the files are moving to respective folder, Go through the code and if you need any assistance, Leave me a message

If you find it useful, please mark it as a solution.

FileMovementBasedOnIndex.zip (17.7 KB)

Warm Regards,
Ranjith Udayakumar