Modify an Excel Sheet in Live

HI all!

So I have an issue. I would like to browse my datatable (from an excel sheet) and within a ‘For Each Row’ Activity to analyze the row and modify several of its columns accordingly, and that this appears directly within the Excel Sheet at that moment.

I thought it was possible to do it without the Write Range Activity, by only modifying the DataRow, isn’t it?
Currently my solution is the following but was wondering of a more optimal way to do it:
ExcelChangeEntry

Thanks in advance for your help!

@Micksme,You can also read the excel using Read Range Activity and output to datatable
Then modify data in For each row loop (datatable) finally write to excel using write range

Regards,
Dominic :slight_smile:

Hi Dominic,

thanks for your reply.

Maybe it was not well mentioned but this is currently what I am doing but I would like to avoid doing the write range, just modify the DataRow itself (which directly modifies the Excel Sheet) but I guess it is not possible (I thought I could do it in one of my projects but have some issues to make it run now).

Cheers!

@Micksme, Then Inside Excel Application Scope use write Cell activity to modify values cellwise

Reagrds,

@Dominic, As many columns have been modified, the Write Range is a better option in my case.

Thanks for the help in any case!

@Micksme, Yes that would be a better solution.

regards,

Hi @Micksme,

yea, always try to go write range instead of write cell. if you are looping it ll take too much time to execute.
so for better performance go to write range activity.

Regards,
Arivu

Hi @arivu96, thanks for the advice!