Modern Excel Read Range

Hi,

I decided to experiment using the modern actions for Excel and wanted to check is there are way to set the Read Range Activity to read all populated cells as in the classic version you can just leave the Range field empty and the entire sheet will be imported and converted to a DataTable for in seconds.
What is the best way to do that using the modern activities without specified an exact range like Excel.Sheet(“Data”).Range(“A1:C300”)?
I managed to import my sheet, but changing the above to Excel.Sheet(“Data”), but it is incredibly slow…

I also tried to do something like Excel.Sheet(“Data”).Range(“A1”, Range(“C65536”).End(xlUp)) which I would normally do in Excel VBA, but this does not seem to work.

Many thanks

Hi @VasilD

Just use Excel.Sheets(Sheetname).Range(“A1”)

cheers

HI @VasilD

Comparatively the Read range of modern is slower than Classic activities

You have used it right Excel.Sheet(“SheetName”) will get the entire datatable

Regards
Sudharsan

Hi @VasilD

Instead of using Read range Modern activity, can you try with Work book Read range activity

Hi @VasilD,
We could enable visible rows to get all rows.Is that right?

If you need to specify range use like this @VasilD

Excel.Sheet(“Data”).Range("A1:C65536")

Regards
Sudharsan

Yes, I am aware of this method, but this also includes the blank cells which I need to filter afterwards … I was hoping that there is some more elegant way of importing the used range. Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Yes, but as far as I aware this will not help with importing a range dynamically based on the populated cells. What this will do is just to not include hidden data in the sheet which I do not have in my case anyway… Thanks