Modern, Classic and Studiox

Hi,
I am using Modern design. When I need to include some activities such as “Execute Macro” - is it advisable to include Classic or Studiox. Classic has “Execute Macro” and Studiox has “Run Spreadsheet Macro”. Similarly Pivot table activities.

Thanks for clarifying in advance.

Hello @A_Learner ,

You can use studio wwith Modern design. Because it will be having more features when compared to Studio x. If you have difficulty in using the studio then go with studiox.

In studio if you are working with modern design you will be able to see the Run Spreadsheet Macro also.

Make sure you have enabled modern design in project detting or from settings-> enable modern design.

@Rahul_Unnikrishnan
I have modern design enabled. I do not find Run spreadsheet macro or pivot activity unless I include Studiox activities. Please advise.

Thanks,

could you please share the screenshot of the studio, after searching Excel in the activity panel. Also can you share the version of Excel activity which you are using.

give a try on configuring the activity filter
grafik
maybe entry is show classic - depending on version

e.g.
grafik

@A_Learner

Run spreadsheet macro and other activities that you are mentioning are related to StudioX that is why those are not visible until you enable StudioX

Similar to this if you want to work to Classic design activities you can check that option in the filter within the activities panel. But by default you can see only Modern design activities if you enabled that for your project

Also, yes you can include Classic or StudioX activities in your project. I believe it will not create any issues

1 Like

Thanks @ushu

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.