Microsoft OCR ERROR

I am having problems with Microsoft OCR, the error is below, I am trying to open a pdf that contains images read and transform into text.

Could someone please help me?

[Window Title]
Workflow Exception

[Main Instruction]
teste ocr has thrown an exception

[Content]
Source: Microsoft OCR

Exception Type: Exception

[Expanded Information]
System.Exception: Error performing OCR: MicrosoftInternalError

Server stack trace:
at UiPath.Vision.VisionProcessor.ScrapeUsingHostService(OCRInput input, OCROptions options, CancellationToken cancelToken)
at UiPath.Vision.VisionProcessor.Scrape(OCRInput input, OCROptions options, CancellationToken cancelToken, Boolean useHostProcess)
at UiPath.Vision.VisionClient.Scrape(OCRInput input, OCROptions options, CancellationToken cancelToken, Boolean useHostProcess)
at UiPath.Vision.UiImage.ScrapeOCR(OCROptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.OCREngineActivity.<>c__DisplayClass36_0.b__0()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object args, Object server, Object& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
at System.Func1.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result) at UiPath.Core.Activities.OCREngineActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result) at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity1.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

[V] See details [Copy to Clipboard] [View Logs] [OK]

Do you have a sample of that PDF that you can share?

Any PDF I try to extract the data, it gives this message. To run this OCR need to have installed something?

Have you tried the Google OCR ?

Regards
Balamurugan.S

What Windows and what version of Studio are you using?

Please check if you have MODI installed (Install MODI for use with Microsoft Office 2010), as it is required to use Microsoft OCR.

Following @balupad14’ s suggestion, do you have the same problem with Google OCR?

2 Likes

Only Microsoft OCR that is in trouble, google ocr works, but Microsoft works much better for reading images, I’ll try to install the mobi, I’m using Windows 10 64bit, Office 365.