Error when using Microsoft OCR

I am trying to use read pdf activities using microsoft OCR but I am getting this error

19.3.0+Branch.master.Sha.5fdb43627d7d3c011018bb545ddf9470210d44a9

Source: Microsoft OCR

Exception Type: System.Exception

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.Exception: Error performing OCR: MicrosoftInternalError

Server stack trace:
at UiPath.Vision.VisionProcessor.d__4.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Vision.UiImage.d__25.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Vision.UiImage.ScrapeOCR(OCROptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.OCREngineActivity.<>c__DisplayClass39_0.b__0()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object args, Object server, Object& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
at System.Func1.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result) at UiPath.Core.Activities.OCREngineActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result) at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity1.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

I have Microsoft MODI installed and also tried reinstalling both uipath and MODI but I still encounter the issue. I am using Uipath community edition.

What type of PDF are your trying to read? Also did you try using Google OCR to read the PDF?

What version of windows and UiPath Studio are you using?

It’s a scanned copy that is a PDF format. I am using 2019.3.0 Community Edition and Windows 8.1 Pro. I tried using Google OCR but it is not that reliable.

can you share the pdf file? maybe i can try replicating the error at my end?