Kill Multiple Process

Hello & Good Evening,

Can we kill multiple Process just by using single Kill process? Can we achieve this without using any loops? Just By using the Process Names in Activity Process name Field.
Please share your Ideas.

Thanks.

hi @sathwikreddy
Kill Process will close all the instances of an application, you don’t want to use a loop.

1 Like

Thanks for the Reply.
I do know that it will close all the instances of that particular application. But what i want to know is can we close Different applications just by using a single Kill Process activity.

As far as I know, you need to use Get Processes to create an enumerable, then filter that list to the processes you want to kill and run them through a loop.

If you run a robot server with mutliple users at once, you will need to filter it by current user id. For examples, here is some discussion: Print all processes

And here is the Go submission that came from that if you want an example: https://go.uipath.com/component/killprocessesperuser

Regards.

4 Likes

Hello, Thanks for sharing your idea. I would like to kill 4 selective applications. I don’t want to loop them because using 4 Kill process is much simpler than following the whole process which you mentioned above. I understand that it will be useful if there is a huge list of applications which need to be closed, but is way to put all application name is one kill process and kill all of them.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @sathwikreddy
As of my knowledge , Kill process activity can take up only string type and not the array of strings. so there are two options to solve this ,

1. to go with 4 kill process activity
  2. As @ClaytonM mentioned , you can with looping.

I believe , if in case u want to kill 2 more process in your process future you have to add 2 other kill process. Instead you can go with looping whoch would be handy and neat.

Thanks
Uthraa S.

1 Like

Hello
okay… thanks for sharing…