Json Schema for Queues in Orchestrator

Hi UiPath Developers ,

Options are available for uploading Specific Data JSON Schema , Output Data JSON Schema , Analytics Data JSON Schema while adding/editing Queues in Orchestrator.

I understand every developers set his own schema as per project requirement but Can anybody explain in which format to use them with small examples ? how those 3 different Schema behaves and how to use that functionality.

I didn’t find much details in documents and one guy already posted similar question way back which didn’t got required answers :

2 Likes

Hy @RPABot_Developer,

Please check this link about orchestrator queues

According to Re framework model, you would upload data based on excel file, this is the most important thing to know about queues

Check it in the link below. I was able to upload using the sample.

Does anybody have any insight on this topic?
Indeed input JSON validate the transaction before logging to the queue in status New.
However what is the purpose of the output and the analytics schema?

I was looking into this today and this was the top search result but doesn’t contain the correct information or refers you to basic information about queues, not the JSON schema stuff.

So, on a queue item you have the following properties:

• SpecificData (populated when the queue item is created)
  • OutputData (populated when the queue item is completed)
  • AnalyticsData (populated when the queue item is completed)

The three JSON schemas you can upload in orchestrator correspond to these properties and basically allow an automatic validation of the data in those fields at various stages.

For example, if you have a JSON Schema for the Specific Data when you try to add an item to a queue the input data will be checked to see if it matches the schema, if it does not then the queue item will not be added and a business exception will occur.

The other two schemas are validated when the queue item status is set to ‘Successful’, if either validation fails then the queue item will fail with a business exception.

Hopefully you can see scenarios where this is useful in validating data. Here are some further reading which I think help explain it further.

4 Likes

Since the links don’t seem to work anymore, perhaps these are useful for anyone who is still searching for some examples
https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/automation-cloud/latest/user-guide/managing-test-data-queues-in-orchestrator
https://docs.uipath.com/apps/automation-cloud/latest/user-guide/referencing-a-queue-in-your-app

I just got a like on my post here, so it seems people still find this when searching.

I wrote a guide for this last year, so please refer to this for some more recent information / links (which hopefully still work by the time you read this).