Join two data tables by two columns

I am trying to join two data table from two different excel by two columns,

In excel1 I want to compare “Sheet1” column “H” and column “I” with excel2 with column “B” and “D” and in another sheet put the column “NUMERO SUCURSAL” and “NUMERO DEPARTAMENTO”

first I get the DT1 then DT2 and I use join data tables activity and DT3 comes out but when I write it in excel it doesn’t write anything to me

Excel1

Excel2

Datatable 3 (Join) this is what should come out in the end

first I get the DT1 then DT2 and I use join data tables activity and DT3 comes out but when I write it in excel it doesn’t write anything to me

Excel2.xlsx (10.3 KB) Excel1.xlsx (14.1 KB)

I hope you can help me

Hi Ivan,

Can you please elaborate little more on the join condition that you are using ?
is it like the below one?

If it is an inner join you dont have data that matches both the join condition, that may be the reason for not finding any data on the DT3. Please correct me on your join condition I would be able to help you out.

Thanks

Hello friend, I did just that same condition as you mentioned and indeed my DT3 does not bring me anything even if the columns have the same name

Problem is that condition doesn’t satisfy any data in the final result. As the values in EXcel 2 are in lower case compared to values in Excel1 so inner joins may not find any result. If you change the data to be upper case you will get some inner join results.

I will try to change everything to uppercase

Check this attached workflow, @Ivan_torres_oliva
Uipath_JoinTables.zip (27.2 KB)
Hope this may help you :slight_smile:

If I want to extract not equal data, how can I chage the workflow. Please let me know. Thanks.