Is there any way to write value directly into specific cell without using DT? Please suggest

I have excel which has data of 15000+ rows and 40+ columns. After running the automation, I need to update the status against each row (in specific cell) by applying the filter in excel. Example, I will use emp code as filter and update the status against it in specific cell.

I felt, using datatable and writing in excel for every iteration is not a good way of dealing it.

Is there any way to write value directly into specific cell without using DT? Please suggest.

@sathish.t - are you thinking of hardcoding the cell value in the write cell?

Hi @sathish.t
You can try the assign activvity for this to assign the status under each row with value like this

row(“Status”)=Some status

It would be another good approach

And after doing all the updating finally before exiting the process use write range to write that updated datatable

Hope it helps you

Regards

Nived N

Happy Automation

@prasath17 - I want to update it dynamically after processing every row. for example, I will filter the emp code which is 200th row, processing the automation and then I need to update its status in Q200th cell.
Can you guide me here in detail for this case?

I guess, write activity will overwrite entire values in excel from DT. I feel, it is not good approach to write all 15000+ rows on every iteration. Please suggest.

No since u are updating status column by using assign activitiy row(status)= value

So after updating u need to write that updated datatable into excel file

So the updated datatable contains the old data plus the updated status sheet

Hope you got the idea

Regards

Nived N :robot:

Happy Automation :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed: