InvokeCode Example

Hi
Can you direct me to a video tutorial / code example for InvokeCode activity?

2 Likes

Hi,
You can find useful information (as a video tutorial/exercise) in UiPath Academy / Foundation training / Lesson 13 - Projext Organisation - Recap

Hi,

The official training materials might not be up to date yet as this activity has only just been added to the Community edition. I can give a small example right here though. Just as with “Invoke Workflow”, you can specify arguments that will be accessible inside:

arguments

But instead of a workflow filename you enter Visual Basic code you want to execute, directly into an editor window. Suppose I want my code activity to randomly shuffle its string argument. I could program this as follows, which is a version of the Fisher-Yates algorithm:

code

Shuffling the alphabet:

Might give you ubcaojvhzixtfldywqpnekrsgm, or fawuyorqsxjkpiglbhvednmztc or indeed hnrjkaiysdtblxupfgzcovwqme.

18 Likes

Hi,
I need to execute following VB script to move mouse cursor.

Private Sub MoveCursor()
   ' Set the Current cursor, move the cursor's Position,
   ' and set its clipping rectangle to the form. 

Me.Cursor = New Cursor(Cursor.Current.Handle)
   Cursor.Position = New Point(Cursor.Position.X - 50, Cursor.Position.Y - 50)
   Cursor.Clip = New Rectangle(Me.Location, Me.Size)
End Sub

Please some one guide me to execute this code . :frowning:

1 Like

@path @prassin6 @vvaidya

I think the above code works only for winforms. Try below in code activity

Arguments:
pt - System.Drawing.Point

pt= New Point(Cursor.Position.X - 50, Cursor.Position.Y - 50)
Cursor.Position = pt

For size part, something like this should work

size = New System.Drawing.Size(10, 10)
pt= New System.Drawing.Point(Cursor.Position.X + 50, Cursor.Position.Y + 50)
Cursor.Position = pt
Cursor.Clip = New Rectangle(pt,size)
3 Likes

@vvaidya
It is not working an error occurred.

Invoke code : Error compiling code
error BC30451: 'Cursor' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. At line 1
error BC30451: 'Cursor' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. At line 1
error BC30451: 'Cursor' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. At line 2

3 Likes

Main has thrown an exception

Source: Invoke code

error BC30451: ‘Cursor’ is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. At line 1
error BC30451: ‘Cursor’ is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. At line 1
error BC30451: ‘Cursor’ is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. At line 2

Exception Type: ArgumentException

System.ArgumentException: Error compiling code
error BC30451: ‘Cursor’ is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. At line 2

at UiPath.Core.Activities.Workflow.CompilerRunner.Compile(String code, Int32 errLineOffset)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.InvokeCode.GetCompilerRunner(String userCode, List`1 args, String imps)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.InvokeCode.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

2 Likes

Create Cursor argument of Type System.Windows.Forms.Cursor

3 Likes

It’s working thanks a lot

2 Likes

Hi I need to Execute following Code, Please guide me

Dim oWB As Excel.Workbook
        Dim oSheet As Excel.Worksheet
        Dim oRng As Excel.Range

' Start Excel and get Application object.
        oXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
        oXL.Visible = True

Sheets(Sheets.Count).Activate

I need to select last sheet of the excel workbook

1 Like

Hi,

I tried this but am unable to get it to work. The error I get are the same as this:

Please try this

1 Like

Hi why am i getting module member declaration expected?

1 Like

Hi ,
I have written this code how can i make it work using invoke code activity please help

Imports System.IO

Module Module1

Private index1 As Integer = New StringHelper().GetIndexofSearchText("C:\Users\vivekver\Documents\UiPath\Nokia Automation\Configuration Manager Nokia 2nd\TEST.txt", "MRBTS-486203")
Private index2 As Integer = New StringHelper().GetIndexofSearchText("C:\Users\vivekver\Documents\UiPath\Nokia Automation\Configuration Manager Nokia 2nd\TEST.txt", "[TopologyNode: PLMN-PLMN/MRBTS-486215]")
Public index_Hotkey As Integer = New NoOfHotkeys().GetHotkey(index1, index2)

Public Class NoOfHotkeys
    Public Function GetHotkey(ByVal index1 As Int32, ByVal index2 As Int32)
        Dim index_Hotkey As Integer = index2 - index1
        Return index_Hotkey

End Function

End Class
Public Class StringHelper

Public Function GetIndexofSearchText(ByVal Filename As String, ByVal SearchText As String) As Integer
        Dim index As Integer = 0
        Dim lines As List(Of String) = File.ReadLines(Filename).ToList()
        For Each line In lines
            If line.Contains(SearchText) Then
                Return index
            End If

index += 1
        Next

Return index

End Function
End Class

Sub Main()

End Sub

End Module

i want index_Hotkey as output to my uipath workflow.Please help

Hi the activity is to read text file line by line until it finds a string and simuntaneously increment a index to know row index of line till it finds the string.Please help

Hi,

i am new to uipath and i am trying to use the invoke code activity to work on excel for that i have imported Microsoft.office.interop.excell through import tab in uipath studio but still gettting error for Excel.

could you pleae guide me how to use the external dll in invoke code.

1 Like

Hi,

Please refer the below tutorial.

Thanks,
Karthik.

3 Likes

Does Invoke code reduces the performance of the Robot process compared to Activities ??

I need with a justifying answer. kindly help me out.

Hi @blaze.1411,

May be. Because we have to see how we are writing the code. And it accepts VB.Net.
The activities has been handled object well. I am not sure that we can able to do all the things in the Invoke code.
I read the invoke code will get slow . I have seen a post the below.

Note :slight_smile:
Some situation we can not avoid the Invoke code activity …

Regards
Balamurugan.S