Intelligent OCR

Can somebody suggest if I need any additional Software to use inbuilt Intelligent OCR to work (Classify, Process & Validate).

@vsvenkata

Google and Microsoft OCR are normal. for any Cloud Based OCR (Google/Abby/MS) you will need either an API key or a license to use the same

do I have to install any FC Engine or FC Studio for it to work.

For Cloud Based Abby Flexi Capture , you may need the license (which ofcourse comes with the software)

However Primarily you will need to Install the software only if you wish to make Custom temeplates for your images/PDF

I am trying to use Intelligent OCR (part of UIpath.) and getting the below error. I read in one of the Forum that I will beed Flexicapture Engine to make this work. so wanted to check what all the software I need to use Intellegent OCR to work. I am using 2018.4 version of UIpath.

=====

18.3.3+Branch.master.Sha.dad278851683d948236b522f6a0c8dd584803e65

Source: IntelligentOCR Scope

Message: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {C0003003-0000-48FF-9197-57B7554849BA} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

Exception Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {C0003003-0000-48FF-9197-57B7554849BA} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
at UiPath.IntelligentOCR.Activities.FC.Scope.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.IntelligentOCR.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

@vsvenkata

Yes for this activity you will need to supply the templates for the doucments in UIPath which can be made using the FlexiCapture Studio/FlexiCapture Engine

So you will need to install, download and make them and then supply them (the templates) to this activity

As I said I am using 2018.4 version of UIpath. Can you suggest what is the compatible version of FlexiCapture Studio/FlexiCapture Engine and also link to download.

@vsvenkata You need to email UIpath Directly. They will help you get in touch with Flexi Capture people and provide you a trial license as well for you to evaluate if needed. It works on your version and 2018.3 as well

Thanks for your quick response. Sent mail to Uipath for details.

Great @vsvenkata ! if your query is resolved, please close the topic by selecting a solution if appropriate and Good luck !

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.