Insert column between the two columns

Hi all, am trying to insert the column between the columns, but not able to add. The follwoing is the xaml file of it.

Trial.xaml (7.8 KB)

The below is the excel sheet, where I need to add the column between the rows H and I( #ACD and Caregory)

Thanks.

@sushmithaelluru u added column to datatable not excel in ur workflow. Write that datatable to excel then u will get new column in ur excel.

@sushmithaelluru
check this topic for better understanding

Ok @Manjuts90. Thanks. Write that datatable to excel then u will get new column in ur excel – which means should use write range activity!!

Hi @sushmithaelluru,

Take a look

Regards
Balamurugan.S

ok. I tried it.

Am getting error that “table doesnot exist”, for the below xaml file . Am trying to insert the column between two columns there. Can you once look into xaml file!!
Trial.xaml (10.4 KB)

Thanks.

Hi @sushmithaelluru,

I tried it . But I am getting confusion with property Table Name. I was excepting that it is datatable. But it is a string variable. Let us see we can get help with our users.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

Ya @balupad14. I too didn’t understand the property “Table Name” in ‘Insert Column’ activity.

@sushmithaelluru I think Table Name is name of the table created in excel. By selecting required number of rows and columns. You search in google for table creation in excel and u try this option, i think it will work.

Hi,

Give the parameter value in the invoke method activity. if you want to insert the column between H and I means.Give the parameter value as ‘8’

Ya Thanks @sob, but am not able to see the column get added in between the columns , sharing the xaml file and excel and the “table is empty after reading the excel sheet”.
Can you once please look into it.

Trial.xaml (9.3 KB)

Hi,

Try this Sample
bind_u.zip (8.3 KB)

Hi @sushmithaelluru,

It is working try this.

File :InserColumn.zip (1.5 KB)

Regards
Balamurugan.S

Hi @balupad14, am getting the below error for the given xaml file.

Hi @sushmithaelluru,

You have install the “UiPath Excel Extended Activities” in the studio. Sorry I forgot to mention it.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

I didnot find that one in my packages @balupad14!!

Hi @sushmithaelluru,

Can you follow the red arrow that you can see the package.

If not , check this.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

Ya @balupad14, can you look into the screenshot once!!

Didn’t find that activity…

Hi @sushmithaelluru,

You are searching in “Installed” , can you please check in “Available”

Regards
Balamurugan.S