I am having a problem with an IF statement that is not working properly.
- Within the excel application scope, I write a message from previous steps
*If the error message contains Sales Price data the workflow should follow the THEN path
- The ELSE path is always followed despite the IF condition containing the matching for the matching text
*Strange observation: If row 1 contains matching text before starting the application it will execute properly
*I added a log message activity where I confirm that the text exists exactly as referenced in the IF condition
I suspect that the If statement is not referencing the current row but the row above the current row?
Can someone help me solve this problem.
Can you share the above log? Does it contains “NO PENDING SALES PRICE EXISTS FOR THIS…”?
Hey @MF.RPA!! From what I understand from your workflow, when reading the value of the column “AS400 Error” you get the string “No Price”. Following image:
When Compare in your IF statement, you are checking if the string “No Price” contains the Big String “NO PENDING SALES PRICE EXISTS FOR THIS…”.
If you can share the .XAML with the sample sheet, we can solve it. Or try to pass on more information.
Hope this helps!
I apologize for the delayed response!
I actually ended up solving my own problem after taking a break.
- I modified the get text activity further up in my workflow (Output = AS400 (Variable))
- I then modified my if condition to look at the actual error message in the AS400 terminal rather than the excel file
Example: IF: AS400.ToString.Contains(" NO PENDING SALES PRICE EXISTS FOR THIS PROMPT DATA 6 ")
My application seems to be working well after referencing the terminal rather than the excel sheet.
If there is a better idea to solve this problem please let me know. I am always looking to improve.
I hope that my post will help others in the future!
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.