I am unable to delete a column from excel file downloaded on runtime through uipath.....how i can use the file downloaded on runtime and can make changes

i am unable to delete a column from excel file downloaded on runtime through uipath…how i can use the file downloaded on runtime and can make changes

@mu_nazza

Welcome to our UiPath community.

May I know what activity are you using here to delete the column and also share us the error screenshot. So that we can check and help you.

@lakshman
Screenshot (16)

@lakshman column not found error exist.

@mu_nazza

Can you please check S.NO column exists in your Excel file or not. It should be Case sensitive.

@lakshman this is file downloaded at runtime. when i m trying to delete its containt uipath does not allow me to do so.

i am downloading email attachments in a folder at runtime. and then deleting the colomun from downloaded attachment’s files

@mu_nazza

First check whether column existing or not once file is downloaded from Email. If it exists then delete the column else skip it.

@lakshman column exist.

@mu_nazza

If possible can you please share screenshot of the your Input Data. And also Delete Column activity properties.

@lakshman process starting from get password and end at message box with column deleted msg

Hi @mu_nazza ,

Could you open an already downloaded excel attachment and Check it’s Column Names?

The reason you are not able to delete the Column maybe because the Column Names in the Excel maybe slightly different than the name you are passing in the Activity.

We would require to know the correct Column Names to delete the column from excel sheet.

checked… column exist with same name

@mu_nazza , Did you make sure to Check if there are no spaces before or after the Column Name ?

@mu_nazza

Check any extra spaces are there in the column name. If possible pls share screenshot of it.

@mu_nazza Can you check the bot is looking for the right file. Please keep some message box and print the excel file path

Try this, after downloading the attachments give some delay and then try to delete column

@mu_nazza Also, the sheet name for the downloaded file is MON but in the activity (Delete Column) you gave as Excel.Sheet("Sheet1")

You can try renaming the sheet once it downloads then try to delete the column or use Get Workbook sheets or Get Workbook Sheet activity to get the sheet names

Capture

change sheet name and got this error :no_mouth: