HTTP Request not sending headers

Scenario:

I’ve created a HTTP request and set some headers and UiPath doesn’t seem to be sending the headers with the request.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create HTTP Request activity
  2. Set as POST request to URL with body as JSON
  3. Add headers (Cookie, User-Agent etc.)
  4. Inspect request using Fiddler

Fiddler shows the below:

POST https://example.com/request.service HTTP/1.1
    Pragma: no-cache
    Accept: application/json
    User-Agent: RestSharp/105.0.1.0
    Content-Type: application/json
    Content-Length: 319
    Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
    Connection: Keep-Alive

Current Behavior:

Headers not being sent

Expected Behavior:

Headers should be sent

Last stable version: 2017.1.6522
OS Version: Windows 10 (1709)

Hey Taylor,

I see you are trying to create the parameters as arguments. But when your create a http request you have the option to include the header parameters in the http request itself rather than passing as arguments (I just provided the fields snippet for your reference below). Try passing those values in these parameters and try hopefully it should work.

Best,
Siddartha

Are you referring to the wizard where you can add headers/parameters etc? That only adds the headers to the same collection that you show in your screenshot.

Based on recent tests, the cookie issue is still present.

This really should get fixed. Being only able to make cookieless HTTP requests is a major shortcoming.

Fortunately you can still create a custom activity to handle requests with cookies, so at least there’s a workaround available, albeit somewhat scary for users with non-programmer background.

I’m having an issue with HTTP Headers… am I doing something wrong or… is this is a bug ?

Hi @siddu509 , @Taylor, @hangon, @tkein, @ClaytonM

In my current workflow I have created a HTTP GET request with set of Headers.

When I am passing the Headers and testing this GET API in Postman I am getting success status code 200 and proper/valid json response. But, when I am trying to test the same GET API on UiPath I am getting 500 error message.

Please find the error message below.
500{“Message”:“An error has occurred.”,“ExceptionMessage”:“Multiple controller types were found that match the URL. This can happen if attribute routes on multiple controllers match the requested URL.\r\n\r\nThe request has found
the following matching controller types:
\r\nInteract.Web.Api.Controllers.vTP.MemberController\r\nInteract.Web.Api.Controllers.v3.MemberController\r\nInteract.Web.Api.Controllers.v2.MemberController\r\nInteract.Web.Api.Controllers.v1.MemberC
ontroller”,“ExceptionType”:“System.InvalidOperationException”,“StackTrace”:" at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.DefaultHttpControllerSelector.GetDirectRouteController(IHttpRouteData routeData)\r\n at
System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.DefaultHttpControllerSelector.SelectController(HttpRequestMessage request)\r\n at Interact.Web.Api.Infrastructure.CustomHttpControllerSelector.SelectController(HttpRequestMessage request)\r\n
at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.d__1.MoveNext()"}.

I discussed the issue with my developer and found that UiPath is not accepting the version header.

Can anyone guide me is there any possible why. Where I can send the Header and test the GET API.

Have same problem just with image upload, did you find a solution ?