HTTP Request configure button purges given variable parameters

I am having a problem with building an HTTP API request using variables. I’m trying to pass parameters in by using variables, but my variables keep getting changed. I start with this:

and it’s changed to this:

Edit: I learned that the change only happens when I click on the “Configure” button in the HTTP Request activity, which I was doing to test the response from the foreign system.

My solution was to add a couple of write lines so that I could see the response without having to be in the configure tool.

Hi @kevinpscott

Any chance you could share the version of the Web activity package and maybe even a sample, dummy xaml file that reproduces the issue for you? Is this a Windows - legacy project, or one of the more modern ones?

EDIT. Please nevermind the request, I was able to reproduce the issue. I split your post into a separate topic so that we can track it a bit easier and I pushed your issue to our issue tracker for our team to have a look.

Thank you for your contribution :slight_smile:

Thank you!

@loginerror Do we have a solution for this now?

Or is there any workaround for this?

I was just working with this again last week on a different project and ran in to the same issue and came up with a new workaround.

If you construct the JSON directly as a JObject variable type, you can inject it into your HTTP request through the Body parameter as I did here:

This was a lot of work for me because I’m not at all fluent with JSON and how to construct it but I figured it out with the help of this video:

By doing this I was able to completely remove all of the parameters from the HTTP Request wizard and know exactly what my JSON body looked like before it was transmitted. This was very helpful because I could compare it against the API documentation and make sure it was constructed correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

It’s a clear bug and it will be fixed in one of the future version of the WebApi package.

1 Like

Thank you sir! When making that update to the API package, would it be possible to add an output to the API package so that we can see the full content of the message that is being sent to the API so we can compare what is being sent against the API documentation?

That would be very helpful for debugging.

May l know you are using the POST method of one JObject only or All of them?