How to Write excel data in xml format

Hi Friends,

I have an excel with 3 columns and how to convert that to an xml format.

Thanks,
Ula

Hi @Karthikeyan34
Use this
https://go.uipath.com/component/convert-json-to-csv

Thanks
ashwin S

@Boopathi
if its not to complex within the structure another option could be:

• readin excel into Datatable (Read Range)
  • dataTableVar.WriteXML() - Method has several argument options (Invoke Method activity)
  • we did it today again and was done very quickly

and there are also some components available on UiPath Go

1 Like

@Boopathi,

Check this post, it has a working solution.

@Boopathi

Just to add a point to the discussion, XML is a structured format of a data which will contain child nodes, child attributes, parent elements, text nodes and everything. How you form the XML tree is entirely based on the requirement you have. Please make sure it is in a particular format so that the input or output you are passing should be easily understandable

Hi @sarathi125 Thank you. I gone through the xaml file and also want to know how to generate datatable to xml file.

Coz in our project we are not allowed to use excel or csv but they given some data in tabular format so first we convert it as xml file and store in project folder and then we again convert that xml file into datatable. Please help

Thanks,
Ula

1 Like

@Boopathi,

Is it possible for us to directly use the tabular format as a datatable. Tabular format means what is the actual format of it.

So now you need to convert a XML to DataTable right?

Hi @sarathi125

Yes, you are correct and also how to convert json to datatable and dt to json. Actually client given 5 tables in word file and we need to read those tables for some validations but no excel or csv is allowed.

So we are in a position to copy paste that tables in excel locally and convert it to either xml or json and save it in a config folder.

From config folder we call that xml or json and save it in a datatable and proceed further.

I want to know how to convert xml to datatable

Also how to convert json to datatable and datatable to Json

Thanks,
Ula

Hi @Boopathi

For converting json to datatable or csv they do have

Go to manage package and type json converter

Install the package and check

Thanks
Ashwin.S

Main.xaml (16.5 KB)

convert csv/excel to xml