How to use Wait Attribute?

I’m trying to use the ‘wait attribute’ activity inside an ‘attach browser’ activity to wait for a certain UI element attribute to be equal to a string, but I’m getting an exception error below.

Wair Attribute has thrown an exception

Source: Wait attribute

Message: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Exception Type: ElementOperationException

UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.Get(String bstrAttr)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.Get(String attribute, Boolean refresh)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Hi @markdgreat,

My friend :slight_smile: , I hope you are not using Internet Explorer browser for automation that’s why you got this error .

Please could you use, Internet Explorer 11 (preferably) and I am sure you will not get this error again

And I would recommend using IE11 as BOT that you create will run like a charm in IE11 with no behavioral issues.

Cheers mate - Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Warm Regards,
Prashant Singh

Hello Prassin, thanks for your feedback but I’m still getting the same error even if I’m using IE 11

1 Like

Can u share ur .xaml file and the error msg of screen shot